Tips and Tricks
Need a new trick or strategy for battling? You might just find what you're looking for here.
Move Combinations: Your Pokémon's Own Moves
Note: The attack listed first must be used first in order for the effects to work.
- Rain Dance and Thunder: Thunder gains 100% accuracy. (It loses accuracy in Sunny Day.)
- Sunny Day and Solar Beam: Solar Beam doesn't need an extra turn to charge. (It loses power in Rain Dance and Sandstorm.)
- Sunny Day and Morning Sun/Synthesis/Moonlight: Healing powers are increased. (They lose power in Rain Dance, Hail, and Sandstorm.)
- Hail and Blizzard: Blizzard gains 100% accuracy.
- Defense Curl and Rollout/Ice Ball: Inflicts double damage.
Move Combinations: If the Opponent Just Used...
- Minimize, then Stomp inflicts double damage.
- Fly, then Thunder, Gust, and Twister inflict double damage.
- Fly, then Whirlwind and Sky Uppercut can still hit.
- Dig, then Earthquake and Magnitude inflict double damage.
- Dig, then Fissure can still hit.
- Dive, then Water Pulse, Surf, and Whirlpool can still hit.
- Bounce, then Thunder and Gust inflict double damage.
- Bounce, then Twister and Whirlwind can still hit.
Moves and Items
- Give a Pokémon that knows Rest a Chesto Berry (or Mint Berry in GSC) to wake up immediately after healing.
- Give a Pokémon that knows Thrash, Outrage, or Petal Dance a Persim Berry (or Bitter Berry in GSC) to prevent Confusion at the end of the move.